Great State: Special Effect or Real Ghost on Video? | Video
Title (Max 100 Characters)
OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA — Walking through a haunted house, a ‘house of horrors’, or some other Halloween theme attraction, you’ll find the same types of scary things.
The Sanctuary haunted house has 4 floors of spooky madness to explore, and it’s a lot less scary when creator Tino Pascuzzi and his wife Cathleen take us through it during daylight hours.
The ideas, says Tino, “Pretty much came from me.”
Then he smiles and says, “I think she had a little influence.”
It’s hard to scare this couple in here any more, hard to get them to see the spooky decor upstairs or downstairs in their nightclub, the Voodoo Lounge, as anything more than paint and props.
“I hate to say that we’re desensitized,” says Tino, “But you know…”
But go a little deeper than the meat tunnel or the bloody surgical theaters and the Pascuzzis, or anyone else who works here, might mention the ‘special effects’ they didn’t design, very special effects like the ones an artist recorded on his cell phone last year before the Sanctuary opened.
Cathleen recalls, “He was saying he was hearing things all the time and we were like ‘yeah, yeah.”
It was 4:00am that September night.
He started hearing noises first. All this is recorded on his cell phone and subsequently published on YouTube.
A little while later he observed an old cooler moving across the floor by itself.
A piece of styrofoam appears to fall by itself too.
Doors seem to open by themselves, and finally this set designer decided to communicate with whatever it was.
“Do you want me to leave you alone,” he asks?
A few seconds later a long two-by-four falls to the floor.
The sceptics among us say this is all pretty good publicity for two people well versed in Hollywood special effects, who moved to Oklahoma to start a business.
“We actually love it here,” says Cathleen.
It’s LA traffic that scares the Pascuzzis, as well as old buildings that seem to come with their own special effects.
For tours and a closer look at the video one of their set designers captured go to http://www.thesanctuaryokc.com
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel