Firefighters handle powerline fireball | News
Firefighters in Oklahoma City were in the right place at the right time yesterday evening to handle a blaze.
At first glance, it appeared that a giant fireball was shooting from the side of an apartment complex in the 6400 block of Peniel.
Firefighters were able to quickly get the fire under control since they were already in the neighborhood.
Authorities say the crew was tackling a small grass fire when the other blaze started.
Officials say the fire was actually a result of an arcing power line.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property