OHP to crack down on street racing | News
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Many of us may put the pedal to the metal a little more than we should while traveling Oklahoma roads. But that's nothing compared to street racing video found on the internet, believed to be on the Kilpatrick Turnpike.
Speeds recorded at 160 miles per hour.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol is aware of street racing on some of these roads, but Trooper Betsy Randolph said they were surprised by these videos.
"People do extraordinarily stupid things and then post it on Facebook or post it on the internet," she said.
Another posted street racing video is believed to be on NW 39th in Warr Acres.
Randolph said it's high speeds with high consequences.
"Those things, if law enforcement made contact with those people doing those kind of activities, that person would go to jail for reckless driving," Trooper Randolph said.
Randolph is letting racers know that OHP will be cracking down.
She said, "We're going to be out there, we're going to catch you and you're going to lose your driving privileges because it's going to be on the back of a wrecker."
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school teacher accused of sexual misconduct by multiple students
- Metro school bus drivers still concerned about icy bus routes
- Chocolate Lab survives being trapped in frozen pond for nearly two hours in Oklahoma City
- UPDATE: Firefighters battle SW OKC house fire
- Six month later, Moore family still battling with insurance company
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement