OHP to crack down on street racing | News
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Many of us may put the pedal to the metal a little more than we should while traveling Oklahoma roads. But that's nothing compared to street racing video found on the internet, believed to be on the Kilpatrick Turnpike.
Speeds recorded at 160 miles per hour.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol is aware of street racing on some of these roads, but Trooper Betsy Randolph said they were surprised by these videos.
"People do extraordinarily stupid things and then post it on Facebook or post it on the internet," she said.
Another posted street racing video is believed to be on NW 39th in Warr Acres.
Randolph said it's high speeds with high consequences.
"Those things, if law enforcement made contact with those people doing those kind of activities, that person would go to jail for reckless driving," Trooper Randolph said.
Randolph is letting racers know that OHP will be cracking down.
She said, "We're going to be out there, we're going to catch you and you're going to lose your driving privileges because it's going to be on the back of a wrecker."
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison