NEW: Police find man dead in home after standoff | News
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – Police tried to make contact with a man in a home after a gunshot was heard in the 500 Block of S.E. 28th St. That man has been found deceased.
Police say the man died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The standoff lasted more than five hours.
They are not releasing the man’s identity right now.
Officers were responding to a potential rape calls. When they arrived, police say a man inside the home fired one shot.
Teams were outside the home asking for the man to come outside.
Police secured a warrant before entering the home. That is when they found the deceased man.
The neighboring school, Wheeler Elementary is not letting kids, who walk home, to leave at this time.
Police have evacuated homes on S.E. 28th St, but are slowly letting those residents return to their homes.
Durland Ave. from 25th St to 28th St. is closed and will soon be completely reopened as police vehicles exit the area.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property