NEW: Police find man dead in home after standoff | News
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – Police tried to make contact with a man in a home after a gunshot was heard in the 500 Block of S.E. 28th St. That man has been found deceased.
Police say the man died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The standoff lasted more than five hours.
They are not releasing the man’s identity right now.
Officers were responding to a potential rape calls. When they arrived, police say a man inside the home fired one shot.
Teams were outside the home asking for the man to come outside.
Police secured a warrant before entering the home. That is when they found the deceased man.
The neighboring school, Wheeler Elementary is not letting kids, who walk home, to leave at this time.
Police have evacuated homes on S.E. 28th St, but are slowly letting those residents return to their homes.
Durland Ave. from 25th St to 28th St. is closed and will soon be completely reopened as police vehicles exit the area.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel