Man arrested for stealing copper from cell tower | News
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – It all started, and ended at a cell phone tower in Southwest OKC. One man was taken in custody, and charged with trying to steal copper wiring right from the tower Thursday afternoon.
Police have not released his name. Investigators say the man drove up to the cell tower on his red bike, and used bolt cutters to try and cut the wire.
The man didn’t get much before police say a security camera on the cell tower caught his movements and the alarm company alerted police.
AT&T released a statement thanking law enforcement for their quick action.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property