Man arrested for stealing copper from cell tower | News
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – It all started, and ended at a cell phone tower in Southwest OKC. One man was taken in custody, and charged with trying to steal copper wiring right from the tower Thursday afternoon.
Police have not released his name. Investigators say the man drove up to the cell tower on his red bike, and used bolt cutters to try and cut the wire.
The man didn’t get much before police say a security camera on the cell tower caught his movements and the alarm company alerted police.
AT&T released a statement thanking law enforcement for their quick action.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school teacher accused of sexual misconduct by multiple students
- Metro school bus drivers still concerned about icy bus routes
- Chocolate Lab survives being trapped in frozen pond for nearly two hours in Oklahoma City
- UPDATE: Firefighters battle SW OKC house fire
- Six month later, Moore family still battling with insurance company
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement