Man arrested for stealing copper from cell tower | News
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – It all started, and ended at a cell phone tower in Southwest OKC. One man was taken in custody, and charged with trying to steal copper wiring right from the tower Thursday afternoon.
Police have not released his name. Investigators say the man drove up to the cell tower on his red bike, and used bolt cutters to try and cut the wire.
The man didn’t get much before police say a security camera on the cell tower caught his movements and the alarm company alerted police.
AT&T released a statement thanking law enforcement for their quick action.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Organization updating public on funds raised during last May’s tornadoes
- Emergency crews respond to bus accident
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan