Man arrested for stealing copper from cell tower | News
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – It all started, and ended at a cell phone tower in Southwest OKC. One man was taken in custody, and charged with trying to steal copper wiring right from the tower Thursday afternoon.
Police have not released his name. Investigators say the man drove up to the cell tower on his red bike, and used bolt cutters to try and cut the wire.
The man didn’t get much before police say a security camera on the cell tower caught his movements and the alarm company alerted police.
AT&T released a statement thanking law enforcement for their quick action.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel