Pets perish in southside house fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — An Oklahoma City couple wakes up to the smell of smoke as their home burns. Oklahoma City fire crews rushed to the scene.
The house caught fire near the 800 block of S.E. 70th Street near Crossroads Mall. According to fire officials the fire broke out sometime after 2:00 this morning.
Both residents were able to escape the house without injury; however the owners had a group of Chihuahuas. Authorities say at least three survived, but a few were unable to make it out of the burning home.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school teacher accused of sexual misconduct by multiple students
- Metro school bus drivers still concerned about icy bus routes
- Chocolate Lab survives being trapped in frozen pond for nearly two hours in Oklahoma City
- UPDATE: Firefighters battle SW OKC house fire
- Six month later, Moore family still battling with insurance company
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement