Pets perish in southside house fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — An Oklahoma City couple wakes up to the smell of smoke as their home burns. Oklahoma City fire crews rushed to the scene.
The house caught fire near the 800 block of S.E. 70th Street near Crossroads Mall. According to fire officials the fire broke out sometime after 2:00 this morning.
Both residents were able to escape the house without injury; however the owners had a group of Chihuahuas. Authorities say at least three survived, but a few were unable to make it out of the burning home.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl
- Oklahoma woman gets early Christmas present; tumor free thanks to new treatment at OU Med
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel