Firefighters investigate overnight blaze | News
Fire crews raced to a vacant house after receiving reports of a massive fire Tuesday night.
Firefighters rushed to the 1100 block of S.E. 17th St., which is near S.E. 15th St. and I-35 just after 11 p.m. Tuesday.
When they arrived at the scene, the house was filled with heavy smoke and flames could be seen shooting from parts of the building.
They were able to to get the fire under control quickly and no one was injured.
Authorities say they believe the house is vacant and still need to investigate to determine where the fire started.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes