Restaurant gives away 10,000 free meals | Events
A few big name fast food restaurants are celebrating a "day of giving" with a free meal until 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Apex Foods, which owns a few restaurants across the country, will be celebrating the day by giving away free meals at one Oklahoma City location.
The Long John Silvers, located at S.W. 29th St. and May Ave., will be giving away 10,000 free meals until 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Guests can enjoy free fish, chicken and hush puppies at that location.
Organizers say the offer is open to everyone who stops by until 8 p.m.
Ken Shirley, APEX Restaurant Spokesman, said, "Our founder, Tabbassum Mumtaz, decided in our 3 main locations; Dallas, Chicago and Oklahoma City market. We wanted to give back to the community that is helping us out so much to keep us in business."
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes