Restaurant gives away 10,000 free meals | Events
A few big name fast food restaurants are celebrating a "day of giving" with a free meal until 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Apex Foods, which owns a few restaurants across the country, will be celebrating the day by giving away free meals at one Oklahoma City location.
The Long John Silvers, located at S.W. 29th St. and May Ave., will be giving away 10,000 free meals until 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Guests can enjoy free fish, chicken and hush puppies at that location.
Organizers say the offer is open to everyone who stops by until 8 p.m.
Ken Shirley, APEX Restaurant Spokesman, said, "Our founder, Tabbassum Mumtaz, decided in our 3 main locations; Dallas, Chicago and Oklahoma City market. We wanted to give back to the community that is helping us out so much to keep us in business."
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Organization updating public on funds raised during last May’s tornadoes
- Emergency crews respond to bus accident
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder