Restaurant gives away 10,000 free meals | Events
A few big name fast food restaurants are celebrating a "day of giving" with a free meal until 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Apex Foods, which owns a few restaurants across the country, will be celebrating the day by giving away free meals at one Oklahoma City location.
The Long John Silvers, located at S.W. 29th St. and May Ave., will be giving away 10,000 free meals until 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Guests can enjoy free fish, chicken and hush puppies at that location.
Organizers say the offer is open to everyone who stops by until 8 p.m.
Ken Shirley, APEX Restaurant Spokesman, said, "Our founder, Tabbassum Mumtaz, decided in our 3 main locations; Dallas, Chicago and Oklahoma City market. We wanted to give back to the community that is helping us out so much to keep us in business."
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel