Fire burns two acres overnight | Environment
Fire crews were out early Monday morning battling a grass fire that sprang up on the city's southwest side.
Firefighters were called to the area of S.W. 134th and Rockwell just before 4 a.m.
One to two acres were burning when crews arrived but they were able to get the fire under control in a little over an hour.
Authorities were on the scene for a while to watch out for hot spots and making sure nothing new flared up.
The owner of the property says he thinks the fire is suspicious.
However, fire officials have yet to determine an exact cause.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison