Fire burns two acres overnight | Environment
Fire crews were out early Monday morning battling a grass fire that sprang up on the city's southwest side.
Firefighters were called to the area of S.W. 134th and Rockwell just before 4 a.m.
One to two acres were burning when crews arrived but they were able to get the fire under control in a little over an hour.
Authorities were on the scene for a while to watch out for hot spots and making sure nothing new flared up.
The owner of the property says he thinks the fire is suspicious.
However, fire officials have yet to determine an exact cause.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC school teacher accused of sexual misconduct by multiple students
- Metro school bus drivers still concerned about icy bus routes
- Chocolate Lab survives being trapped in frozen pond for nearly two hours in Oklahoma City
- UPDATE: Firefighters battle SW OKC house fire
- Six month later, Moore family still battling with insurance company
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to steal from Wal-Mart, pulls knife on security
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area