Teen identified from officer-involved shooting | Crime
Authorities say they have identified the teenager who was shot by an Oklahoma City police officer earlier this week.
Officers tried to pull over 18-year-old Verle Deljet Parton for reckless driving before he led them on a chase that ended near Agnew and S.W. 59th St.
Investigators say three men bailed out of the car while it was moving and Parton allegedly pulled a gun on the officer.
That officer shot Parton, who is now under surveillance at a local hospital in critical condition.
Parton is charged with attempting to elude police and could face more charges as the investigation continues.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property