Teen identified from officer-involved shooting | Crime
Authorities say they have identified the teenager who was shot by an Oklahoma City police officer earlier this week.
Officers tried to pull over 18-year-old Verle Deljet Parton for reckless driving before he led them on a chase that ended near Agnew and S.W. 59th St.
Investigators say three men bailed out of the car while it was moving and Parton allegedly pulled a gun on the officer.
That officer shot Parton, who is now under surveillance at a local hospital in critical condition.
Parton is charged with attempting to elude police and could face more charges as the investigation continues.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel