Teen identified from officer-involved shooting | Crime
Authorities say they have identified the teenager who was shot by an Oklahoma City police officer earlier this week.
Officers tried to pull over 18-year-old Verle Deljet Parton for reckless driving before he led them on a chase that ended near Agnew and S.W. 59th St.
Investigators say three men bailed out of the car while it was moving and Parton allegedly pulled a gun on the officer.
That officer shot Parton, who is now under surveillance at a local hospital in critical condition.
Parton is charged with attempting to elude police and could face more charges as the investigation continues.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes