Vigil kicks off violence awareness event | Crime
A non-profit organization will be teaming up with the Latino Community Development Agency for an event to spread domestic violence awareness throughout the community.
The Latino Community Development Agency's 10th Annual Friend's United for Peace Candlelight Vigil event will be held on Friday, October 19, 2012 at 7 p.m.
Organizers say the event is to help spread awareness about domestic violence, especially in the Latino community.
The event is also designed to provide preventive measures that citizens can take to prevent and safe guard themselves and their family from becoming victims.
After the vigil, guests can attend Oklahoma's first Hispanic stage production "Espejito, Espejito."
The play will begin at 7 p.m. with tickets going on sale for $10.
Activities will take place at LCDA, located at 420 SW 10th St. Oklahoma City.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property