Vigil kicks off violence awareness event | Crime
A non-profit organization will be teaming up with the Latino Community Development Agency for an event to spread domestic violence awareness throughout the community.
The Latino Community Development Agency's 10th Annual Friend's United for Peace Candlelight Vigil event will be held on Friday, October 19, 2012 at 7 p.m.
Organizers say the event is to help spread awareness about domestic violence, especially in the Latino community.
The event is also designed to provide preventive measures that citizens can take to prevent and safe guard themselves and their family from becoming victims.
After the vigil, guests can attend Oklahoma's first Hispanic stage production "Espejito, Espejito."
The play will begin at 7 p.m. with tickets going on sale for $10.
Activities will take place at LCDA, located at 420 SW 10th St. Oklahoma City.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel