Vigil kicks off violence awareness event | Crime
A non-profit organization will be teaming up with the Latino Community Development Agency for an event to spread domestic violence awareness throughout the community.
The Latino Community Development Agency's 10th Annual Friend's United for Peace Candlelight Vigil event will be held on Friday, October 19, 2012 at 7 p.m.
Organizers say the event is to help spread awareness about domestic violence, especially in the Latino community.
The event is also designed to provide preventive measures that citizens can take to prevent and safe guard themselves and their family from becoming victims.
After the vigil, guests can attend Oklahoma's first Hispanic stage production "Espejito, Espejito."
The play will begin at 7 p.m. with tickets going on sale for $10.
Activities will take place at LCDA, located at 420 SW 10th St. Oklahoma City.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes