Police find shooting, beating victims at motel | Crime
While police are working to find a suspect in a deadly shooting at a local motel, they are rushed to another part of the complex because of another crime.
Police responded to the Drover's Inn Motel late Tuesday night after receiving a call from someone hearing gunshots nearby.
When they arrived, they found 30-year-old Meagin Gravitt laying down inside a room at the motel.
Officers say she had been shot.
Gravitt was taken to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead a short time later.
Authorities believe she may have been shot in the parking lot and went back inside to call 911.
At least two other rooms were hit by the gunfire, but no other injuries were reported.
Witnesses say the gunman fled the scene in a white Oldsmobile going southbound on I-35.
Lt. Robert Coniglione, Oklahoma City Police Department, said, "We do have some suspect information. The detectives are here now and we're trying to run down all those leads now."
While officers were investigating the shooting, a separate call came out of the same complex.
According to police, just after 10:30 p.m., a man was beaten inside another room just around the corner.
Authorities say they could hear a man screaming for help and that's when they came upon the victim and the attacker.
The man's injuries were not life threatening and he was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
As for the suspect, he was taken into custody.
Police say the two crimes are not related.
Upcoming Events near South Oklahoma City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man charged with sex crimes after game of truth or dare with 2 teenage girls
- Oklahoma resident behind bars after taking advantage of tornado victims’ benefits
- Plaza Towers Memorial: Here’s how you can help
- Storm survivors slam teen for FEMA fraud
- Oklahoma man takes advantage of FEMA, sentenced to prison
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property